Call out to all artists, makers, zinesters, feminists and anyone in between to make and donate artwork to raise funds for Baobab Women’s Project!!! We will be selling all artworks at our Spring 2020 fundraising event: EMPOWER BAB!
Baobab Women’s Project are a local refugee and asylum seeker grassroots women’s advocacy project. They provide advice and support including assistance with immigration, health and housing. They focus on undocumented, asylum seeking and newly granted refugee women’s issues, particularly supporting women affected by gender violence and trafficking.
We would like you to respond to the word EMPOWER! through drawing, collage, painting, poetry, or, simply send a message of support and solidarity for women supported by Baobab Women’s Project.
Here are your instructions:
- creatively respond to the word EMPOWER! on A6 postcard size card or paper (105mm x 148mm or roughly that size)
- there is no limit to the number of artworks you can submit
- put the title of your work, your name and instagram or other social media handle that you’d like to share on the back (if you want to be completely anonymous that is fine too!)
- include a note with your email address if you’d like to be updated by email about the fundraising event
- post your artwork(s) to: FWFC EMPOWER BAB!, c/o Grand Union, 19 Minerva Works, Fazeley Street, Birmingham B5 5RS
- alternatively you can drop your work into Grand Union in person on these dates: Monday 13th Jan 10am-3pm, Friday 24th Jan 10am-3pm and Saturday 8th Feb 12-5pm
- the deadline for receiving submissions by post is: Friday 28th February 2020
All artworks will be displayed at our fundraising event and all money raised from sales will go directly to Baobab Women’s Project.
Thank you so much for supporting the vital work that Baobab Women’s Project do.